One of my holiday traditions is growing Easter Grass in our baskets. It is so lovely and the kids always enjoy doing it.
1) Mark the calendar for about 1 1/2-2 weeks before Easter.
2) Line the basket with something like a few layers of cheesecloth or a scrap of rag to hold the dirt.
3) Let the kids scoop their dirt in and then sprinkle some wheat grass seeds (or raw wheat berries) over the top. We spread them pretty thick.
4) Sprinkle a little more dirt on top and water.
5) Keep them well watered and in a warm place. I’ve had a lot of luck keeping them in a large plastic tub by the window to be sure they stay moist and warm.
The grass should be nice and tall by Easter!